There is a critical shortage of Alaskans in the Law Enforcement profession. Enhance your professional opportunities with up to date industry specific training. Earn this degree entirely in an online format from anywhere in the state with an appropriate computer and Internet connection.
This program offers a Certificate in Fisheries Technology as well as an Associate of Applied Science in Fisheries Technology degree. We can help you get the education you need to obtain one of the many jobs open in this field. Earn a degree or certificate in fisheries from the comfort of your own home, via online classes.
At this year's Sitka Campus Graduation, noted Tlingit artist Teri Rofkar delivered the Commencement Address and received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree. In this photo, captured by Owen Kindig and James Poulson, Teri receives the hood which academic tradition has chosen to symbolize its highest honor, placed upon her shoulders by retiring UAS Chancellor John Pugh, and Regent Dale Anderson, as Regent Courtney Enright looks on.
100% of UAS CNA students pass State certification test
UAS Sitka is happy to announce that 100% of the fall class of UAS Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) students passed their final test, and then passed the Alaska State Certification Exam. It is not uncommon for states to report CNA failure rates of between 20% and 40%. At UAS Sitka Campus, we take great satisfaction in helping our students beat those odds. Confidence is key. By building their confidence, our faculty and Student Success Center work to help them be successful in their education and their life. The next cohort of CNA students began their 15-week course last week.
Upcoming Classes - Fall Semester
- Sep15-Oct 13 - College Success How to succeed in college and life
- Sep 15-Dec 13 - How to Teach Online For teachers - an award-winning course on how to teach online
- Sep 22-26 - Silver Engraving Nick Galanin shares the secrets of this Northwest Coast art
- Sep 22-Dec 13 - Construction Learn how to build a tiny house or float house in this evening course
- Sep 23-Dec 13 - Welding Al Puckett will teach the latest welding skills - evening course
- Sep 30-Oct 5 - Marine Safety AMSEA instruction that could save your life Oct 1 - Social Security Questions Get your questions answered by an expert
- Oct 1-29 - Chasing/Repousse Learn how to pound and texture sheet metal into works of art- an ancient native Alaskan technique taught by Nick Galanin
- Oct 27-29 - Salmon Culture Lab Intensive hands-on lab at several local hatcheries by Jim Seeland
- Oct 27-Nov 17 - Blurb Books Harriett McClain shows you how to make your own books from your photos
- Oct 29-Nov 19 - SLR Camera The basics you were afraid to ask... fun course with Harriett McClain
- Oct 30-Nov 1 - Research: Whalefest Jan Straley guides you in analysis of the science presentations at Whalefest
A career as a health information professional offers a unique opportunity to blend an interest in medicine with the multifaceted information management challenges of tomorrow. We offer the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in health information technology, management, coding, and privacy and security through courses available online.