Skip to content
Become a friend of Spike on Facebook UAS YouTube Channel UAS Juneau Flickr
 Scroll To Top

Student health insurance is available; information and applications can be obtained at the Student Resource Center, located on the lower level of the Mourant Building. The plan information can also be accessed at the United Healthcare website. UAS is listed under the UAA Policy number. (2012-248-1)

Get quick answers about Obamacare and the Health Insurance Marketplace

International Students

The University of Alaska Statewide system has endorsed an accident and sickness insurance plan for international students attending UAS. All registered international students on F-1 or J-1 visas taking credit hours must have health insurance or they will be automatically enrolled in this insurance plan. The premium will be added to their university billing. If international students have their own health insurance they must submit proof of that insurance to Marsha Squires, Academic Exchange Coordinator. Her office is located in the lower level of the Mourant Building or she can be reached by email at