The Student Health Center is here to support you in reaching your goals while at the University of Alaska Southeast, and beyond. The Health Center exists because the Chancellor, faculty, and staff recognize the critically important role that vitality and health play in gaining lifelong happiness and success.
UAS Health Center Clinician
Amanda Arra, physician assistant (PA-C), is the clinician for the UAS Health Center. Amanda has worked as a PA-C since 2002 and has lived in Juneau for 25 years. She is also a health educator and enjoys working with students in achieving optimal health.
- Call 796-6000 to make an appointment.
- You do not need to say why you need an appointment, but if you need a physical exam or have more than one concern, please ask for an hour long appointment.
- When you check in for each appointment, you must show your UAS ID.
- Students may have up to 6 appointments at the Health Center each semester.
- Call in advance to cancel if you cannot make your appointment!
- Students taking at least one Juneau campus credit are eligible to use Health Center services.
- Staff and faculty are not eligible to use the Health Center.
- Campus Partner Exceptions: UAS recognizes students taking classes from around the state, but living in Juneau, as campus partners. Students enrolled in at least six credits from any UA institution may opt to pay a $60 fee per semester to use the Health Center. Eligible students should visit the UAS Student Accounts office.
- Any student who "no shows" for 3 appointments in one semester will lose eligibility for that semester.
Note: Questions concerning eligibility status should be referred to the Student Services Administrative Manager, Roxy Felkl.
Clinic Privacy Practices
The below link describes how your medical information is protected, when it can be disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully: