Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

Applications you might find useful

To be admitted or not? 

As a student at UAS you have two options open to you. You can take classes without applying for admission to a program. This is a fine idea if you want to take a few classes for personal interest or professional development. However, if you want to graduate with a degree, including the Certificate of Fisheries Technology or the Associates of Arts in Fisheries Technology, you must apply for admission.  You can do this online.

Note: you can not apply for admission to the program and apply for graduation from the program in the same semester. So plan ahead!

Graduation Plans in Place?

 Check out the UAS Graduation Website.  All the important information you will need is there, including a link to the Application for Graduation.

Need money?

Now that you have committed to taking classes, finding the funds for those classes is the next step. The Financial Aid page is a great resource for you to find money. It lists all the scholarships currently open, as well as providing information about the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). It is required by some scholarships that you fill out a FAFSA before they will consider your application.  This does not mean that you have to accept any loans you are offered as a result of applying for federal aid. Another great thing is that the FAFSA is the application used for the Pell Grant, which you do not have to repay.

Just for fisheries Students:

Financial aid opportunities that are of particular interest to fisheries technology students are:  

    USDA Tuition Assistance: This financial aid opportunity is made possible through a USDA NIFA grant. It is offered to rural and Native Alaskans enrolled in the Fisheries Technology Program. No application process is needed, determination of recipients is done on a semester basis from Fisheries Technology class rosters after registration closes.


Content maintained by Sitka Campus.