Education Graduate certificates provide candidates with eligibility endorsements to an Alaska teaching certificate. All course work must be completed within a seven-year period immediately preceding the date the graduate certificate is granted. Graduate certificates are granted by the University of Alaska Southeast; UAS provides the institutional recommendation to the student to submit to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development for endorsement.
Admission to the Educational Technology, and Mathematics Education (K-8) Graduate Certificates requires degree.
- Application for admission and $60 non-refundable
- Copy of a current Alaska teaching certificate
- Official transcript(s) are also required for courses transferred in from another institution
- Recommendation Form Documenting Ability (Educational Technology)
- Statement of Professional Objectives (Educational Technology)
- Official transcript(s) showing a baccalaureate degree.
- Lee Graham
- Assistant Professor of Education
- Phone: 796-6047
Requirements (2014-2015 Catalog)
|Minimum Credit Hours||21|
|ED||S636||Impact of Technology on Student Learning|
|EDET||S628||Technology in Instructional Design||3|
|EDET||S633||Classroom Integration of Multimedia||3|
|EDET||S635||Thinking About Technology||3|
|EDET||S637||Differentiating Instruction through Technology||3|
|EDET||S673||Ethics in Educational Technology||3|
|EDET||S674||Virtual Teaching and Learning||3|